Intro: Why did I write this article?
In the last 4 months I had a several Skype calls with some of the MBA-14 students from RSM. They contacted me for various reasons: some because they liked my LinkedIn profile (formatting only), some because they felt we have similar experience, some because I was one of the first MBA 13 students to land a job, 4 months before the official graduation, and finally some to ask me how to get a job at the same company I was working for.
After a few conversations I noticed one thing… No matter what they were calling for, the discussion was drifting every time to the same topic: how do I find and get the right job for me after graduation? Because I have noticed this recurring question, which I tried to answer many times, I though maybe it would be a good idea to write it down in blog post. This way if we have a call we can get ahead start and focus on specific questions, which are more relevant to your case. In the same time, I hope this blog post can be an inspiration source for others who find themselves in a similar situation; no matter what school they graduate from.
What recommends me?
- I was one of the first students from the MBA 13 batch who found a job. My first day of work was 1st of December 2012 and I officially graduated in March 2013.
- I only applied for a few positions; I think 6 or 7 in total. I had a phone interview with almost all of them. I had 3 serious leads and was able to choose an offer.
- 7 month later, the project I was hired for got canceled. Before the end of the project I had 2 offers and very serious lead on a third position.
- I love my job
How did I do it?
- Knowing what I want
- Building on my prior experience
- Showing I am the right guy for the job